- Retail sales, a measure of purchases at stores, restaurants and online, fell 0.1% in October from September.
- This was the first monthly decline since March.
- The August to September percent change was revised up to 0.9% from 0.7%.
- Excluding autos, retail sales rose by 0.1% over the month.
- Retail sales were 2.5% above October 2022, below CPI data released earlier this month showing prices have increased 3.2% in the last year.
- Retail sales are not adjusted for inflation and reflect price differences as well as purchase amounts.
- Total sales for the August 2023 through October 2023 period were up 3.1% from the same period a year ago.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor retail sales.