- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) was unchanged in October after rising 0.4% in September.
- CPI increased 3.2% from a year ago, down from 3.7% in September.
- The index for shelter continued to rise in October, offsetting a decline in the gasoline index and resulting in the overall index being unchanged over the month.
- The index for shelter and the index for food both rose 0.3% over the month.
- The index for food at home increased 0.3% over the month while the index for food away from home rose 0.4%.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.2% in October and is up 4.0% from the previous year.
- The energy index is down 4.5%, the food index is up 3.3%, and shelter is up 6.7% from the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.