- Revisions to monthly job gains have erased 337K job gains in the first nine months of the year.
- Total jobs added from January to September were revised down from 2.6M to 2.2M, a 13.1% decline.
- June had the highest downward revision from 209K to just 105K, a nearly 50% decline.
- October’s job report alone reported -101K less jobs than originally reported in August and September.
- Before revisions, nonfarm payroll employment rose by a meager 150,000 in October and the unemployment rate rose to 3.9%.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor jobs revisions.