- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.4% in September after rising 0.6% in August.
- CPI increased 3.7% from a year ago, the same reading as August.
- The index for energy rose 1.5% over the month, food rose 0.2%, and shelter increased by 0.6%.
- The index for food at home increased 0.1% over the month while the index for food away from home rose 0.4%.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.3% in September and is up 4.1% from the previous year.
- The energy index is down 0.5%, the food index is up 3.7%, and shelter is up 7.2% from the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.