- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.6% in August after rising 0.2% in July.
- CPI increased 3.7% from a year ago, up from 3.2% in July.
- The index for energy rose 5.6% over the month, food rose 0.2%, and shelter increased by 0.3%.
- This marks the 40th consecutive month of increases in the shelter index.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.3% in August and is up 4.3% from the previous year.
- The energy index is down 3.6%, the food index is up 4.3%, and shelter is up 7.3% from the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.