- Violent crime has surged across the country since 2020.
- As of July 11, Washington DC has seen a 33% increase in violent crimes compared to the same time last year and a 30% increase in total crimes.
- Motor vehicle theft has surged 117%, with 3,785 incidents this year compared to 1,744 last year.
- Robberies have increased 52%, sex abuse has increased 35%, thefts have increased 25%, homicides have increased 17%, and assault with a dangerous weapon have increased 5%.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes across the country.