- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) fell 0.1% in December.
- CPI increased 6.5% from a year ago, down from 7.1% in November, and the lowest reading since October 2021.
- The rate of price increases remained above 5% for the nineteenth straight month.
- The index for energy decreased 4.5% over the month while shelter increased by 0.8% over the month.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.3% in December and is up 5.7% from the previous year.
- The energy index is up 7.3% and the food index is up 10.4% from the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.