- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.4% in October from September and is up 7.7% in the last year.
- The core CPI which excludes food and energy rose to 6.3% in October, down from 6.6% in September.
- The overall food index rose 10.9%, food at home rose 12.4%, and food away from home rose 8.6% over the past 12 months.
- The largest increase in food was for cereals and bakery products, which increased 15.9%, and dairy which increased 15.5%.
- The index for food away from home rose 8.6%, full service meals rose 9.0%, and limited service meals rose 7.1% over the last 12 months.
- The energy index rose 17.6% over the past 12 months as all the major energy component indexes increased.
- Fuel oil increased 68.5%, gasoline increased 17.5%, electricity increased 14.1%, and natural gas rose 20% over the last 12 months.
- The index for airline fare rose 42.9%, new vehicles increased by 8.4%, rent increased by 7.5%, shelter rose by 6.9%, tobacco and smoking products increased by 6.6%, and apparel increased by 4.1%.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor inflation.