- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) was unchanged in July after rising 1.3% in June.
- CPI increased 8.5% from a year ago, down from 9.1% in June, the highest reading since the period ending November 1981.
- Prices remained above 5% for the fourteenth straight month.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.3% in July and is up 5.9% from the previous year.
- The energy index is up 32.9% and the food index is up 10.9% from the previous year.
- The food index increase of 10.9% is the highest reading since May 1979.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.