- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased 0.3% in April after rising 1.2% in March.
- CPI increased 8.3% from a year ago, down from 8.5% in the year ending in March.
- Prices remained above 5% for the eleventh straight month.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.6% in April and is up 6.2% from the previous year.
- The energy index is up 30.3% and the food index is up 9.4% from the previous year.
- The food index increase of 9.4% is the largest 12-month change since April 1981.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.