- The number of available jobs since May continues to outnumber Americans looking for work.
- Job openings decreased slightly to 10.9 million in December but there were 6.3 million people unemployed in December.
- The U.S. added 199,000 jobs in December but there were 3.6 million fewer jobs than there were in February 2020.
- In December, the number of hires decreased from November to 6.3 million and the number of separations decreased to 5.9 million.
- The number of quits edged down to 4.3 million after reaching a series high of 4.5 million in November.
- The share of adults working or looking for a job was little changed at 61.9% in December and is still 1.5% lower than February 2020.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor unemployment and job openings.