- Gas prices across the country continue to increase.
- Overall, the price of a gallon of regular gas has increased from $2.40 one year ago to $3.33 today.
- Inflation has severely impacted energy costs, which are up 29.3% in 2021 alone, led by gasoline which increased by 49.6% in 2021.
- California has the highest price at $4.65, followed by Hawaii at $4.34.
- Mississippi and Kentucky have the lowest price at $2.98 followed by Arkansas and Texas $2.99.
- California is more than $0.54 above the all-time U.S. average record of $4.11 from July 2008.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor gas prices across the country.