- The number of available jobs since May continues to outnumber Americans looking for work.
- Job openings reached 10.4 million in August but there were 7.7 million people unemployed in September.
- The U.S. added 194,000 jobs in September but there were 5.7 million fewer jobs than there were in February 2020.
- In August, the number of hires decreased to 6.3 million, down 439,000 from July.
- The share of adults working or looking for a job has increased slightly from a low of 60.2% in April of last year to 61.6% in September.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor unemployment and job openings.