- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased 0.3% in August after rising 0.5% in July.
- CPI increased 5.3% from a year ago, down slightly from July’s 5.4% reading.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.1% in August and is up 4.0% from the previous year.
- The energy index rose 2.0% and the food index rose 0.4% in August.
- The energy index rose 25.0% and the food index increased 3.7% over the last year, both above the increases for the 12-month period ending July.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.