- The Producer Price Index increased 0.7% in August from July.
- The index rose 8.3% for the 12 months ended in August, the largest advance on record dating back to 2010.
- Final demand prices moved up 1.0% in July, the same as in June.
- Leading the August increase in the index for final demand, prices for final demand services rose 0.7%.
- The index for final demand goods moved up 1.0%.
- Prices for final demand services moved up 0.7% in August, the eighth consecutive advance.
- Prices for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services moved up 0.3% in August after increasing 0.9% in July.
- For the 12 months ended in August, the index for final demand less foods, energy, and trade services rose 6.3%, the largest advance on record dating back to August 2014.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor producer prices.