- On August 6, @POTUS tweeted “We’re now the first administration in history to add jobs every month of our first six months in office.”
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics provides monthly payroll data dating back to 1953.
- The data show 5 previous administrations started with 6 months of consecutive job growth using Biden’s timeframe of February through July.
- Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush 41, and Trump started with 6 months of job growth.
- Eisenhower, Kennedy, Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama did not start with 6 months of job growth.