- The number of available jobs since May has outnumbered Americans looking for work.
- Job openings reached 10.1 million in June but there were 8.7 million people unemployed in July.
- The U.S. added 943,000 jobs in July but there were 5.7 million fewer jobs than there were in February 2020.
- June’s 10.1 million job openings is the highest level since record-keeping began in 2000.
- The share of adults working or looking for a job has increased slightly from a low of 60.2% in April of last year to 61.7% in July.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor unemployment and job openings.