- The Labor department reported its consumer price index jumped 0.8% in April from March.
- Consensus among economists was 0.2% increase.
- CPI has increased 4.2% from the previous year, the highest 12 month increase since the summer of 2008.
- Used autos surged 10% in April from March, the highest monthly increase on record.
- The index for all items excluding food and energy rose 0.9% in April, the largest monthly increase since April 1982.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor consumer prices.