- The consumer price index rose 0.6% in March from February, accelerating costs from last month’s 0.4% increase.
- This is the highest monthly increase since August 2012.
- Prices jumped 2.6% year over year, up from a 1.7% annual increase in February.
- Gasoline prices rose 9.1% in March, accounting for nearly half of the index’s gains.
- Core prices, which exclude food and energy, increased 0.3% month over month and 1.5% from a year ago.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor the consumer price index.