- New York State recently released statewide contact tracing data collected from September to November.
- The data show that 73.84% of all COVID-19 cases traced by the state have come from private social gatherings.
- The next highest reason for the virus’ spread was healthcare delivery at 7.81%, which includes any necessary service in hospitals and medical facilities.
- Education was third at 4.66% of cases, leaving each other case linked to less than 2% of cases.
- Despite restaurants and bars being linked to only 1.43% of cases, New York City closed indoor dining.
- New York still has the highest number of deaths in the U.S. and the second highest deaths per capita.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor COVID-19 contact tracing data.