- Chicago Police Department statistics continue to show a spike in murders and shootings in 2020 compared to the same time period in 2019.
- As of November 8, Chicago has 2,846 shootings and 676 murders.
- At the same time last year, Chicago had 1,870 shootings and 441 murders.
- In the week of November 2nd alone, murders increased 80% and shootings increased 114% compared to 2019.
- Chicago has also seen an increase in robberies and auto thefts, up 23% and 51% last week.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.