- Chicago Police Department statistics continue to show a spike in murders and shootings in 2020 compared to the same time period in 2019.
- As of October 18, Chicago has 2,663 shootings and 633 murders.
- At the same time last year, Chicago had 1,736 shootings and 415 murders.
- In the week of October 12 alone, murders increased 58% and shootings increased 37% compared to 2019.
- Chicago has also seen an increase in robberies and auto thefts, up 17% and 82% last week.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.