- The 2020 LDC U.S. Latino GDP Report was recently released and the data shows the rapidly growing economic contribution of Latinos living in the U.S..
- If U.S. Latinos were an independent country, they would hold the 8th largest GDP in the world.
- The total GDP of U.S. Latinos was $2.6 trillion in 2018, up from $2.3 trillion in 2017.
- This $.3 Trillion year-over-year change was the fastest growing among the world’s top 10 countries by GDP.
- U.S. Latino GDP is growing 30% faster than China, and 21% faster than India.
- This dramatic increase is driven by large gains in personal income due to rapid gains in education and strong labor force participation.