- Violent crime continues to surge in New York City in 2020 compared to 2019.
- As of September 6, New York City has had 305 murders and 1,288 shooting victims.
- At the same point in time last year, New York City had 226 murders and 653 shooting victims.
- In the last week alone, 14 people were murdered and 52 people were shot.
- Car theft was also up 90.8% and rapes were up 34.5% in the last week compared to the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.