- Chicago Police Department statistics continue to show a spike in murders and shootings in 2020 compared to the same time period in 2019.
- As of August 30, Chicago had 2,152 shootings and 505 murders.
- At the same time last year, Chicago had 1,413 shootings and 333 murders.
- In the week of August 24 alone, murders increased 46% and shootings increased 137% compared to 2019.
- Chicago has also seen an increase in aggravated battery and auto thefts, up 26% and 19% the week of August 24.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.