- Chicago Police Department statistics continue to show a spike in murders and shootings in 2020 compared to the same time period in 2019.
- As of July 26, Chicago had 1,727 shootings and 433 murders.
- At the same time last year, Chicago had 1,170 shootings and 284 murders.
- In the week of July 20 alone, murders increased 111% and shootings increased 53% compared to 2019.
- Chicago has also seen an increase in aggravated battery and auto thefts, up 24% and 16% the week of July 20.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.