- NYPD statistics show a spike in homicides and shootings in the first six months of 2020, compared to the same time period in 2019.
- NYC saw a 21% increase in homicides, 46% increase in shooting incidents, and 53% increase in shooting victims.
- As of June 30, NYC had 528 shooting incidents, 636 shooting victims, and 178 homicides.
- At the same time last year, NYC had 362 shooting incidents, 415 shooting victims, and 147 homicides.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor increases in shootings and homicides.