- The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 0.4% in February after rising 0.5% in January.
- CPI increased 6.0% from a year ago, down from 6.4% in January, and the lowest reading since September 2021.
- The rate of price increases remained above 5% for the twenty-first straight month.
- The index for energy decreased 0.6% over the month, food increased 0.4%, and shelter increased by 0.8% over the month.
- The core CPI, which excludes food and energy, rose 0.5% in February and is up 5.5% from the previous year.
- The energy index is up 5.5% and the food index is up 9.5% from the previous year.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor CPI.