- The Chicago Mayoral election is today, Tuesday February 28th, and crime has been a prevalent issue as Mayor Lori Lightfoot fights for re-election.
- Chicago Police Department statistics show that crime has risen 33% since Lightfoot took office.
- Comparing 2022 crimes to 2019, murders are up 39%, robberies are up 13%, theft is up 37%, shooting incidents are up 32%, and motor vehicle theft is up 139%.
- Despite murders trending down in 2022, overall crime is up 41% in 2022 from 2021.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.