- The number of available jobs since May continues to outnumber Americans looking for work.
- Job openings increased to 11.5 million in March, a record high, but there were 6 million people unemployed.
- Job openings are up from 11.3 million in February and above the consensus of 11 million for March.
- The U.S. added 431,000 jobs in March but there were 1.6 million fewer jobs than there were in February 2020.
- In March, the number of hires was little changed at 6.7 million and the number of separations increased to 6.3 million.
- The number of quits increased to a record high of 4.5 million.
- The share of adults working or looking for a job was little changed at 62.4% in March.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor unemployment and job openings.