- The FBI released data showing that violent crime increased 5.6% overall in 2020.
- In 2020, there were an estimated 1,277,696 violent crimes.
- Motor Vehicle thefts rose 11.8%, aggravated assault offenses rose 12.1%, and murder and non-negligent manslaughter offenses increased 29.4%.
- There were 38,520 homicide incidents reported in 2020, compared to 27,908 in 2019.
- Nationwide, there were an estimated 6,452,038 property crimes.
- Collectively, victims of property crimes (excluding arson) suffered losses estimated at $17.5 billion in 2020.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor crime.