- The number of available jobs since May continues to outnumber Americans looking for work.
- Job openings reached 10.9 million in July but there were 8.4 million people unemployed in August.
- The U.S. added 235,000 jobs in August but there were 5.7 million fewer jobs than there were in February 2020.
- July’s 10.9 million job openings is the highest level since record-keeping began in 2000.
- The share of adults working or looking for a job has increased slightly from a low of 60.2% in April of last year to 61.7% in August.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor unemployment and job openings.