- Consumer confidence fell 11.3 points in August to 113.8, the lowest since February 2021.
- Consumer confidence also fell in July and was revised downward to 125.1.
- The Present Situation Index, based on consumers’ assessment of current business and labor market conditions, fell to 147.3 from 157.2 last month.
- The Expectations Index, based on consumers’ short-term outlook for income, business, and labor market conditions, fell to 91.4 from 103.8 last month.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor consumer confidence.