- The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index declined in January to 95.0, down 0.9 from December.
- January’s index is 3.0 points below the 47-year average of 98.
- Consensus among economists on the January index was an increase to 98.7.
- Owners expecting better business conditions over the next six months declined to the lowest level since November 2013.
- The net percentage of owners expecting better business conditions has fallen 55% over the past four months.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor small business optimism.