- Violent crime continues to surge in New York City in 2020 compared to 2019.
- As of September 27, New York City has had 337 murders and 1,417 shooting victims.
- At the same point in time last year, New York City had 241 murders and 713 shooting victims.
- In September alone, 152 people were shot which is 130.3% higher than September 2019.
- Car theft and Burglary both surged last week, up 43.0% and 44.0% from the same time period in 2019.
- The Right Facts will continue to monitor trends in violent crimes.